The lovely Ruth over at DorkyMum has tagged me to take part in the 11 things meme that is currently doing the rounds. It seems that years ago I was being asked to do a different meme almost every day, but recently I've not had any requests at all. Here goes then...
The rules of the meme are as follows:
1. You must post these rules
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
3. Answer 11 questions the ‘tagger’ listed for you
4. Create 11 new questions, and tag 11 people to answer them
5. Let each blogger know you’ve tagged them
Eleven facts about me
1. I'm originally from Yorkshire
2. I have an engineering degree
3. I was so convinced that Little Miss C was going to be a boy that we had a list of possible boys names, but only one girl's name ready!
4. The best live gig that I ever went to was surprisingly James at the Doncaster Dome.
5. It took me three attempts to pass my driving test, but I did pass at 17.
6. I used to have a phobia of birds, but I'm now a paid up member of the RSPB!
7. I learnt to knit about 5 years ago after asking every old woman in my work canteen for lessons.
8. I hate having my photo taken.
9. I completed Bronze, Silver and Gold levels of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award and got to go to St James' Palace to collect my gold award.
10. If I won the lottery tomorrow the first thing I would do is (rather boringly) pay off our mortgage.
11. I'm currently pregnant with baby number two! :-)
1. What are you most proud of?
Little Miss C
2. Who was your favourite teacher at school and why?
Mrs Upton my English teacher, because she made me realise that enjoying maths over English was no bad thing.
3. Which household chore do you most dislike?
Cleaning the shower.
4. What is your favourite season?
Spring - I just love the tulips
5. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Oh yes! Chocolate, gin, red wine, white wine, some daytime TV. I could go on...
6. What’s the first website you look at when you turn your computer on?
7. If you were going to audition for Britain’s Got Talent, what would you do?
Keep my mouth shut - I'm completely tone deaf!
8. Who is your favourite artist?
In the art sense - Monet
In the music sense - Bono
9. Fancy dress parties: love them or hate them?
Hate as I never know what to go as.
10. What is the best holiday you’ve ever had?
Our honeymoon, travelling round New Zealand in a campervan. On the way there we also stopped off for some luxary in Beverley Hills and on the way back had time for dinner with old friends in Hong Kong who hadn't been able to make our wedding. Perfect in every way!
11. If you had me round for dinner, what would you cook?
Probably my trademark lasagne.
Steps 4 & 5
This is where I'm going to be a bit of a reble (and I also want an early night - see fact number 11 above!)I'm struggling to find people who haven't already taken part in this meme, so if you haven't then please answer Ruth's questions that I answered above and post your responses on your blog, with a link in the comments below. She too struggled to find eleven people, but maybe this way between us we'll manage it!